Check in Procedures/Requirements
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for your competition. The more familiar you are with the rules of performance for each lift and how the meet is run, the less stressful and more enjoyable meet day will be.
Review the Rulebook!
- Knowledge is power! Take some time to read through the USA Powerlifting Technical Rules, this only benefits you as a lifter to know what you can and can’t do!
- Review (and practice) commands for each lift:
- Squat : Squat/Rack
- Bench: Start/Press/Rack
- Dead: Down
- Lifting: You have 60 seconds to get the Start command once the bar is loaded, be ready!
- Attempts: You will turn in your next attempt immediately following your exit from the platform. You must do this within 60 seconds of exiting the platform. Remember, you can go up, stay the same (in the event you missed an attempt) or decline another attempt). You cannot go ‘down’ if you miss an attempt (open confident!)
Proof of USA Powerlifting Membership
The expiration date must show December 31, 2019 of the current year to be valid and will be green in color. (Your member card can be a hard copy or viewed on your phone).
To look up your Membership Information click Here.
Renew you Membership:
Step 1 – Check In: You will check in with the registration table, present your Photo ID and your USA Powerlifting Membership Card.
Opening Attempts: In PENCIL write your opening attempts on your card in KILOS (remember, opening attempts can be changed up to 3 minutes prior to the start of your flight if needed)
When converting your pounds to kilos, kilo weights must be in 2.5kg increments, so be prepared to round up or down. (ie, want to open with 160lbs? You will need to either put down 72.5kg or round down to 70kg or up to 75kg)
Step 2 – Equipment / Gear Check: Your lifting gear (singlets, tshirts, knee sleeves, wrist wraps, socks, shoes, belt etc) will be inspected and approved prior to the start of the competition
Step 3 – Rack Heights : Get your rack heights for both squat and bench. Your bench rack height will have both the rack and safety bar heights. (Write these down, we use the ER rack at most of our meets. Lifting Cast has a link to enter your rack heights prior to meet day.
Step 4 – Weigh Ins: Bring your Photo ID and Member ID Card. Wear something easy to take off for weigh-ins, there are lifters waiting, so the quicker you (and your fellow competitors) can get in and out of the weigh-ins, the faster you can eat and prepare for your competition.
Teens under 18 years old must have 2 Officials in the weigh in room.
Youth 13 and under will be required to:
Weigh-in with their singlet and t-shirt
Be accompanied by a parent, guardian or coach during weigh-ins
If you need to make a change to your nominated weight class please let us know as soon asap. If you don’t make the weight class you entered in, you may be moved to the appropriate flight.
Important: If your weight class is lifting in the morning session and your new weight class is lifting in the afternoon session, you must show up to the weigh ins in the morning session. If you do not make weight you will then need to weigh in again for the afternoon session. For weight class changes email email@example.com
- Bring snacks and water for the entire day. You will want to eat and hydrate throughout the day to keep fueling the body.
- Lbs to kg conversion chart with your anticipated attempt selections
End of Meet:
- Drug Testing: Do not leave the meet until an announcement has been made that the athletes have been selected for testing. Failure to be present when requested will be considered a failure. If you have to leave, please check in with the meet director first.
- Did you set an American Record? Have a copy of of your Photo ID ready and sign your Record Claim Form. (Only at the State Championships, Regional Championships or National Championship Meets)
- Awards are given at the end of the session or day depending on the meet schedule! Stick around for your individual award, best lifter awards and the group photo at the end.
See you on the platform!